DVF: support for Distributed Virtual Driver Framework that allows super-device use case added
- Discover and pool resources from different OHOS devices
- Core differentiator functionality
- DVF runs on every device and enable the forming of so called super-devices
DVF: Add support for Distributed Virtual Driver Framework that allows super-device use case
- Research available source code and documentation (3 man week)
- Evaluate what of the findings can be used as-is or as an open source stepping stone in OHOS (3 man weeks)
- Break down into tasks and components (e.g. FOSS base libraries, discovery framework, composing/resource pooling daemon) (2 man weeks)
- Implement DVF discovery functionality or re-use available open source code (3-12 man weeks)
- Implement DVF onboarding and composing / resource pooling daemon or re-use available open source code (5-16 man weeks)
- Develop example application to show functionality and use-case (8 man weeks)
- Ensure DV Kits or other device agents can run on across OpenHarmony platforms/kernels to keep application compatibility (4 weeks)
- Develop unit tests and integration test cases for CI (3 man weeks)
- Verify code on target, discover another device and start resource pooling (1 man week)
- Document scope and usage of DVF in OHOS (2 man weeks)
- Work is fully integrated into meta-ohos and available in current builds.
- Verify DVF discovery of another device
- Verify DVF onboarding and resource pool forming
- Run example application to verify all individual pieces are working out of the box
- Documentation of this feature is complete and up-to-date.
- What parts of existing technology can be used?
- Are we able to provide the full functionality in OHOS?