Draft: Support for auto rebranding
- Allow different theming depending on the use case of the device:
- For screen used in the outside "light theme" could be preferred (and "dark theme" for the inside)
- Allow consumers to override to apply its own branding (for downstream projects/products)
Isolate branding in theming/branding package
Would it make sense to relocate all branding related files into separate packages, or should it be in appends recipes of our layers ?
For example those files could be part of "oniro-theme" package:
./meta-oniro-core/recipes-core/psplash/psplash_%.bbappend:SPLASH_IMAGES_append = " file://psplash-oniro-img.png;outsuffix=oniro" ./meta-oniro-core/conf/distro/oniro-linux.conf:SPLASH = "psplash-oniro"
I see the problem but I am not sure how to fix it, default paths can be used and/or we could use a different mechanism (like alternatives).
Any more ideas to share ?
- get inspiration from others
@zyga suggested also to look at how Fedora handle this:
Out of Scope
- Avoid NIH
- All oniro assets images should belong to a single existing package
- That would be added to default image
- Remove theme package and expects missing images
- Scan all files in flashable image to make sure there are no oniro files anymore
Relate-to: !307 (merged)